GAIL Chairman and MD Shri B.C.Tripathi nominated for the Platts’ Energy “Asia CEO of the year”
GAIL Chairman and Managing Director Shri B.C.Tripathi has been nominated for the Platts’ Energy “Asia CEO of the year.” Shri B.C.Tripathi is among the seven executives from India, China, Hong Kong, Malaysia and Thailand to be nominated for this prestigious award.
The award recognises excellence in energy industry leadership in the Asia-Pacific region and places the recipient in the running for the global energy CEO of the Year award to be determined later this year.
“All of the finalists are to be applauded for outstanding leadership and conviction to bring about positive change within their organizations and for strategic visions helping to propel the region’s energy industry,” said Larry Neal, president of Platts, a leading global provider of energy, petrochemicals, metals and agriculture information. “I wish each finalist the best of luck, and look forward to congratulating the winner next month.”
The 2014 Platts’ Energy Asia CEO of the Year finalists are:
- Shri B.C. Tripathi, chairman and managing director of GAIL (India) Limited, India
- Ms. Nishi Vasudeva, chairman and managing director of Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited, India
- Dr. Pailin Chuchottaworn, president and chief executive officer of PTT Public Company Limited, Thailand
- Chengyu Fu, chairman of China Petrochemical Corporation (Sinopec Group), China
- H.L. Kam, group managing director of Cheung Kong Infrastructure Holdings Limited, Hong Kong
- Mr. Fanrong Li, chief executive officer of China National Offshore Oil Corporation (CNOOC) Limited, China
- Datuk Seri Ir. Azman Mohd, president and chief executive officer of Tenaga Nasional Bhd, Malaysia