RSPCL- GAIL GAS Limited Spreading its wings to set up Retail Gas Infrastructure in Rajasthan
RSPCL-GAIL GAS Ltd. a Joint Venture Company of Rajasthan State Petroleum Corporation limited (A subsidiary of Rajasthan State Mines and Minerals Limited) & GAIL GAS Limited (A subsidiary of GAIL India Ltd.) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Rajasthan Industrial and Investment Corporation Limited today at Jaipur to expand the Natural Gas downstream distribution network in the state of Rajasthan. The MoU was signed by Shri Ravi Agrawal, Managing Director RSPCL-GAIL Gas Limited and Ms. Veenu Gupta MD, RIICO in the august presence of Hon. Chief Minister, Rajasthan Vasundhara Raje, Sh. Rajiv Mehrishi, Chief Secretary, Shri C.S.Rajan Additional Chief Secretary and Chairman, RSPCL- GAIL GAS Limited, and Shri Prabhat Singh, Director (Marketing) GAIL (India) Ltd. Besides, other key dignitaries including Dr.Ashok Singhvi, Principal Secretary Mines and Petroleum, Shri Prem Singh Mehra, Principal Secretary (Finance), Shri Lalit Sharma Advisor (Infra) and Sh. P.K.Pal CEO GAIL Gas Limited were also present on the occasion.
- RSPCL-GAIL GAS Ltd. the JV Company was incorporated on 19.09.2013 to undertake gas distribution business in Rajasthan under the mandate of Govt. of Rajasthan in the Budget -2014 which announced that RSPCL-GAIL GAS Ltd. would be setting up a Mega CNG station at Neemrana and Booster Daughter Station at Kukas in Phase–I.
- The activities started gaining momentum when GAIL`s top management held a meeting with the Chief Secretary on 22nd April, 2014 to provide strategic direction to the officers of the company. The JV Company is now in position to spread its wings in the State for ensuring availability of cleaner and safer fuel. To strengthen the JV Company`s position in the State and as a part of a strategic decision.
- The company has aggressive business plans to create CNG highways along the pipeline infrastructure, besides meeting demand for Industrial, Commercial and Domestic Customers in the state of Rajasthan and is also committed to create Natural Gas based infrastructure to meet demand of Natural Gas (Green Fuel) for Industrial, Domestic (PNG), Auto mobile(CNG) sectors.
- This MoU will initiate the process of identification of strategic locations for gas based industries, development of gas based infrastructure and promotion of natural gas on common platform in Rajasthan for setting up CNG Stations along the DMIC corridor and State Highways and distribution of gas to various industrial clusters and parks in Rajasthan.
RSPCL-GGL shall develop the network in a phased manner:-
In Phase-I:- A Mega CNG Mother Station would be set up at Neemrana and a Daughter Booster Station at Kukas near Jaipur thereby opening up the CNG corridor along Delhi-Jaipur Highway NH-8 and catering to the industrial customers in and around Alwar and Kukas.
In Phase–II:-RSPCL-GGL plans to develop CNG network in Jaipur, Ajmer, Sikar and Udaipur cities along the Jaipur-Ajmer Highway, Jaipur–Kota Highway, Jaipur-Sikar Highway and Kota- Udaipur Highway CNG Corridors.
In Phase–III:- RSPCL-GGL has plans to meet the needs of Natural Gas by importing LNG from Dahej for the distantly located districts which are not covered by pipe line connectivity .
- CNG is an Eco friendly fuel with no impurities, like Sulphur and Lead; It has very low levels of polluting gaseous emissions without smell and dust. It is lighter than air and is safe to use. It is economical and cheaper than conventional fuel. It has very high antiknock power and allows greater performance compared to petrol. PNG is safe, convenient to use, economical, facilitates continuous supply, no wastage, hassle free from handling and replacement of cylinders
- RSPCL-GGL will be rechristened as “Rajasthan State Gas Ltd. (RSGL)” after the approval from the Ministry of Corporate Affairs. It will take the lead in making significant contribution in economic growth and provide revenue to the state exchequer by developing gas based network for Green and Clean energy and realize the dream of the Hon’ble Chief Minister of Rajasthan, to see Rajasthan amongst the most developed, frontrunner states in the country and to build an environment where industrial growth and business can flourish and lead to all around prosperity of the State.