Has pollution got you feeling down? Well here are a few tips to help escape the smog.
1) Try to minimise being out or physically exerting yourself during pollution surges. The faster you breathe, the more pollutants you inhale.
2) Get regular car servicing and maintenance (especially the spark plugs) done.
3) Drive within the speed limits. And accelerate slowly.
4) Limit idling your vehicle to no more than 30 seconds.
5) Manage demand for fossil fuels, use public transport, and use energy efficient appliances that conserve power.
6) Mop while cleaning the house to pick up lingering loose dust, microfiber mops can catch dust and dirt better.
7) Grow indoor plants such as money plants, ferns, Aloe-Vera, They act as living air purifiers and absorb chemical pollutants released by synthetic materials.
9) Replace Traditional stoves that use biomass and coal should be replaced.
9) Avoid outdoor burning of garbage, leaves etc.
10) Switch to natural gas as it produces 10% the emissions as compared to other fuels.