GAIL remains committed to the principles of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) which it strongly believes play a defining role in the development of the country. The Company’s vision of “ touching lives responsibily ” for all stakeholders remains the guiding force behind the social interventions. A top-to-bottom, robust governance structure with a dedicated team of CSR professionals, helps in evaluating and selecting meaningful social programmes which are in alignment with the areas of intervention specified under the Companies Act 2013.
Following a Project-based Approach towards all CSR interventions, as detailed in the CSR Policy, GAIL has implemented CSR programmes primarily in the rural areas which are in close proximity to the major work centres/installations of the Company. As identified under Schedule VII of the Companies Act, 2013, GAIL has identified seven broad areas of CSR intervention, each of which is titled by the objective they seek to achieve viz.
- GAIL Arogya (Wellness) – Nutrition, Health and Sanitation and Drinking Water projects
- GAIL Ujjwal (Towards a Bright future) – Education initiatives
- GAIL Utkarsh (IIT-JEE)-free residential coaching for IIT-JEE & other Engineering Entrance exams for economically weak students.
- GAIL Kaushal (Skill) – Livelihood Generation and Skill development initiatives
- GAIL Unnati (Progress)- Rural Development
- GAIL Sashakt (Empowerment)- Women Empowerment initiatives
- GAIL Saksham (Capable) – Care of the elderly and differently abled
- GAIL Harit (Green) – Environment centric initiatives. Details of initiatives under each of these broad areas are provided in the Management Discussion & Analysis.