It’s Wednesday and it’s time to GO Green. Ever wondered how a boring drive to the office could become fun. It’s easy; just add some co-passengers to the empty seats.
The word “carpool” or car pool means “an arrangement whereby several participants or their children travel together in one vehicle, the participants sharing costs and often taking turns as driver”. The concept of carpooling is not new. However, it gained prominence in the U.S. in the mid 1970’s as a result of the 1973 oil crisis & the 1979 energy crisis.
1. Its economical: Saving some money is something everybody would love to do. Splitting the transportation cost such as fuel cost, parking tickets, toll-booths etc. would sum to a sizeable amount of savings.
2. It saves fuel: If everyone uses carpool; there would be very less number of cars on the road requiring very less amount of fuel.
3. It reduces traffic congestion: Reduction in traffic would imply smoother flow of traffic.
4. It decreases carbon footprints: Less number of cars would emit lesser amount of carbon in the environment.
5. Its good for you: When carbon emission is curtailed the air is cleaner for you and your family’s health.
6. Its convenient: Taking turns while driving reduces the stress of driving daily and also allows you to channel your time in some productive activity that would have been otherwise wasted driving.
7. It gets you new friends: Make some new friends when you carpool and enjoy the ride!